The Best Wheelchair Ramp In 2020
If you regularly use a wheelchair, you’ll understand that mobility and accessibility are essential if you don’t want to depend on someone else to help you go up steps or get inside the car. Once you find the best wheelchair ramp, your life will dramatically change. These wheelchair ramps will assist you to enter properties with independence and ease. The best aluminum wheelchair ramps for homes come in various shapes and sizes, offering different functionalities. While the main purpose of a portable wheelchair ramp is to allow scooters, wheelchairs and even walkers to go up and down stairs or get inside vehicles, they also help in several other ways.
Are you looking for a great wheelchair ramp bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying wheelchair ramp equipment, please click here.
Generally speaking, a metal wheelchair ramp enables the elderly and physically disabled people to enjoy complete freedom and also move in around the home freely with a lot of ease. It’s not only cost-effective but also a practical solution that will ensure ones mobility is enhanced. By installing an aluminum wheelchair ramp, wheelchair users can easily access the steps, sliding glass doors, ceiling and doorways and even raised buildings with ease. A licensed and experienced equipment dealer will offer to provide you with the best installation services. They will also help you choose a temporary wheelchair ramp based on what your needs. If you are shopping for the best wheelchair ramp, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best.
Benefits of a removable wheelchair ramp
• Increases mobility. When it comes to the outdoor wheelchair ramp, this is the main benefit since it helps the disabled and elderly to leave and enter their residences comfortably. These best portable wheelchair ramps can minimize the risk of accidents and injuries during the trips to and from the market, hospitals and other places that they normally visit. Also, older adults who are living alone or with some people will find these wheelchair ramps a very good thing.
• Material choices. A foldable wheelchair ramp may be made of steel or aluminum, rubber material or treated wood. Apart from boosting your mobility, wheelchair ramp will also add beauty and style to even austere places. More so, some indoor wheelchair ramps, especially the wooden ones will harmonize your indoor patios and decks. With several features that they come with they are not only durable but robust as well. In fact, with the best aluminum wheelchair ramps for sale, you can even enter a building using a heavy scooter.
• Easy to install. One of the best things about wheelchair ramps for steep stairs is that they can easily be installed. Cheap wheelchair ramps can be divided into two light sections each with their own carrying handle to make it easy to transport, store and install them anywhere that you want in the home. This makes them change with the changing times.
• Convenient to all. Your loved ones and other caregivers will find lightweight wheelchair ramp highly beneficial since they can be used to transport furnishings, equipment, groceries, and other items out there. This makes it quite possible to save time and effort while carrying out the daily tasks out there.
• They enhance resale value. If you install high-quality wheelchair ramp with rails in your home you can significantly increase the resale value of that home. This is because you’ll make your home more appealing to the prospective buyers who have a family member using crutches, wheelchair, and scooter or a walker. By increasing the resale value of your home it can bring more benefit to your home.
• You can use one to access the outdoors. Exiting and entering a house that has steps can be a bit hard for wheelchair users. Ramps will make it easy and safe thus allow you to live a more fulfilled life of freedom so you can come and go as they please. In addition, door ramps for wheelchairs will provide you with access to the outdoors where you can enjoy the sunshine, fresh air, and other outdoor activities.
• Enter and exit a car with ease. With the best wheelchair ramps for sale, one can easily enter and exit a car with ease. In fact, there are that are specifically designed for SUVs cars and vans. The type of removable wheelchair ramp used depends on the car, wheelchair user and safety measures. Generally, the ramps that are designed for automobiles will allow the user enter and exit easily and even give them a chance to drive the car unaided.
• Run errands without assistance. Portable wheelchair ramps for steps installed in the car or house will give the user the freedom and independence to run their errands without any assistance. Daily tasks such as going to the mailbox, grocery shopping and running other errands becomes easy.
Types of wheelchair ramps
Since there are various types of wheelchair ramps in the market, you need to look at the options and makes an informed decision based on your needs. Here are the main types in the market
Threshold wheelchair ramps
Threshold wheelchair ramps can either be metal or rubber and are meant to lie against the lip of a curb or door threshold. Typically, they are lightweight and measures between ½ and 6 inches in height hence can be used on both the outside and the inside of the house. Overall, they are cost-effective simple solutions for those who are using walker, wheelchair or scooter to maneuver past the small barrier. By getting a small threshold to fold up wheelchair ramp you can significantly improve the ease of access to your family and friends homes.
Folding wheelchair ramps
Folding wheelchair ramps consists of either tri-fold or bi-fold wheelchair ramps with a hinge between the two panels. Although the tri-fold ramps have three folds, the bi-fold ones only fold over once. However, since the folding ramps are not ADA compliant and do not have handrails, they should only be installed for personal use. They can, therefore, be placed over a small set of stairs that lead to home or used to access the wheelchair accessible vans.
Suitcase Wheelchair ramps
This refers to a folding ramp that comes with handles for easy transportation. Typically, it’s between 2 and 6 feet long and can support about 800 pounds. Since it can be laid directly over some small set of steps, it’s quite ideal for home access. Since it’s not ADA complaint it’s not suitable for commercial use.
Telescoping Wheelchair ramps
Telescoping wheelchair ramps are made of two separate narrow channels that can extend and retract to fit the required height. The channels are normally placed side and line up with the wheels of a wheelchair. These types’ ramps are typically used for access into a wheelchair accessible. However, they are ideal for scooters as wheels are often not in line with each other.
A modular is usually larger and more permanent fixture than the above. However, since it can be disassembled and reassembled, it does not require a permit.
It’s normally constructed out of ramp sections built offsite and then taken to the site for speedy assembly. The best material used for these kinds of wheelchair ramps is aluminum.
These refer to the ramps made from concrete or wood and cannot be adjusted or moved once they’ve been constructed in place. As compare to the modular ramps they are constructed completely on-site which means the construction and ye installation takes much, long time. Thee ramps are typically used for residences where aesthetics are much more important than code compliance and longevity.
The requirements for wheelchair ramp construction
When it comes to moving your wheelchair in and out of the building, you need to stop using the bizarre methods that are you are used to. Methods such as getting strong men to help pick up the chair or using a couple of boards are all not safe methods. Both these styles and even other styles that you could be using should be avoided at all costs. Since we are talking about the lives that are already fragile you need to handle them with lots of care. It’s, therefore, important to invest in the best wheelchair ram so you help protect the lives of your loved one.
It’s very important that a point of entry and exit all public utility structures be designed with the best wheelchair ramps. This will make access to these places by everybody irrespective of their health status should be easy. Folding wheelchair ramps should also be installed in private buildings such as businesses, schools, hospitals, and even other places. While those who use wheelchairs have used them for long they’ve been suffering silently since they are not taken into consideration during the construction of these buildings. It’s only fair to make them part of everything by constructing the best wheelchair ramps that they can use. Most people who need wheelchair ramps are particularly unable to climb upstairs hence they may not even get employment in such places.
Before buying the best collapsible wheelchair ramp especially the portable ones you need to seek expert advice. Such people will significantly help you in your search so you can get the best solution. It’s important to get lessons on how to use it so as to ensure that you are able to use it and secure well. The worst thing is to install mobility ramps for wheelchairs that you are able to use well. In a home where there are many aged are found, it’s a must to have metal wheelchair ramps for homes. These are very important to help them move from one pace to another. If you love to volunteer or server others you can take this opportunity to. There are also homes to the disabled where people can still get a chance to volunteer or have their relatives go there.
Check out today’s top 10 wheelchair ramp deals below…
Top tips for buying the best wheelchair ramps
When it comes to buying the outside wheelchair ramps, there are some tips and set of considerations that one needs to keep in mind. Here are the main tips to help you.
• The length of the wheelchair ramp. The normal consideration is that for every two inches that your limb your wheelchair ramp should be at list two feet in length.
• The material. It’s also very important to consider the material of the wheelchair ramp that you are looking for. Although there are ramps made of various materials the best materials that you should look for are the ones made of aluminum. Portable aluminum wheelchair ramps are not only light but durable as well. More so, they are resistant to corrosion, rust and even other wear and tear. This means you can take them in and out of the car and use them several times without worrying about using faulty equipment.
• Know the different types. It’s also important to know the various types of wheelchair ramps so you can understand the one you are looking for. For roll-up ramps to multi-fold ones, there are a variety of ramps that you can choose.
• The weight of wheelchair ramp. Wheelchairs and people usually come in all shapes and sizes. So you need to take that into account when looking for the best wheelchair ramp to buy.
• Style of the wheelchair ramp. Some wheelchair ramps are permanent while others are portable and can be folded. The best type of wheelchair ram will, therefore, depend on your needs. Usually, main access points and public entrances will always be better off with permanent wheelchair ramp while compact and lightweight wheelchair ramp is suitable when you are always up and about.
• The frequency of the usage. If you are intending to use the wheelchair ramp frequently, then you need to get a permanent wheelchair ramp solution. This is because it will not only be safer but also easier to use as well.
• Help in positioning the wheelchair. Since longer wheelchair ramps are quite heavy and unwieldy you need to think whether you’ll be able to use the wheelchair ramp without any assistance.
• Storage of wheelchair of the wheelchair ramp. This is a very important issue especially concerning wheelchair ramp. Since most ramps normally fold up at varying degrees, you have to understand the amount of space that they will take.
It’s important to note that wheelchair ramps are very important for the handicapped especially when they want to access buildings. More so they help those who are pushing strollers and even carts to access the building much easier. Moreover, as a wheelchair user, you should not be denied the right of accessing any building. Thankfully, with the best wheelchair ramps, you can always do these with a lot of ease. If you are looking for the best wheelchair ramp it’s important to keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later. This way, you’ll definitely end up with the best.