The Best Personal Alarms In 2021
Getting a safe personal alarm has always seemed like the best idea, but in the past, they often failed to turn out as expected. These alarms were never loud enough to be irritating and most of them did not even manage to attract the attention of those who were few metres away. Now, personal alarms Argos and other top companies offer are highly effective.
Are you looking for a great personal alarms bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying personal alarms, please click here.
However, that’s now in the past. Over the last 10 years, electronics have not only improved significantly, but several real contenders in the personal security market have also come up. Whether you have the elderly, children or people recuperating after a surgery, Suresafe personal alarms can provide you with that sense of security that you need. They can also act as an invaluable and instant form of communication in case of an emergency. Simply put, personal alarms for the elderly UK can help save lives. Also called life alarms, when saga personal alarms are triggered, they send an alert to a 24-hour monitoring service or preset mobile numbers. There are also other models that perform functions such as location, communication, tracking, and charging. If you are shopping for the best police approved personal alarms, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best.
Benefits of personal alarms
Since the current time is increasingly becoming more dangerous, you need to consider upgrading the level of security in your workplace or your home. Here are some of the most important benefits that you’ll enjoy if you decide to invest in the best personal alarm.
• Crime prevention. First and foremost, small personal alarms can significantly help prevent crime. Let’s say if you don’t have strong windows at home, it means anyone can easily break and get in. with the best SOS personal alarm at your side you can simply hit the sound that will shock the burglar. With the burglar struggling to find his way out you will get more time buying options and even a chance to call for help. The high sound noise from the defender personal alarm will also alert those who are inside your home. Plus, if you are alone the sound of the alarm is loud enough for your neighbors to hear.
• Outdoor protection. Do you always move alone especially in the evenings? Or do you run around late in the night to work out? If you do any of these, personal alarm for runners becomes very much in handy. Since these alarms are small and portable, whenever you see an attacker you can simply hit the button and alert those who are around. The noise will not only confuse the attacker but also call the attention of other people who are not around.
• Savings. If you cannot manage to install an expensive alarm system, you can begin with small personal alarms. While home security systems can cost even up to $2500, you can get a very reliable personal alarm systems for the elderly with as little as $12. However, while looking for one, it’s very important choose one that suits your tastes and preferences. Considering the price of most alarm systems, it’s very important to start small. You can then gradually save up until you can be able to afford a complete security system.
• Protection beyond theft. Did you know that the best personal alarm with gps goes beyond fending off the attackers and burglars? You can actually use them to assist the elderly. The senior citizens especially the ones who have issues with their mobility can significantly benefit from the best personal alarms. For example, when they are left alone they can push the alarm’s button when there is an emergency.
• They work without any interruptions. As compared to some apartment and home systems, wrist personal alarm can work best with the batteries. This means they can work even if there is power outage. Predators also know when to attack since they usually take advantage of key situations such as blackouts. Thankfully, with the best personal alarm wristband you can still let people if someone gets into your house with the help of personal alarms, you can call the rescuers since these alarms can work for long without the need of charging. You can also expect them to keep on working until you’re found.
• Flexibility. If you do not have a wireless alarm system, you will appreciate the fact that personal alarms for women are quite flexible. Apart from their non-reliance on an electric connection, you can carry them anywhere. These alarms are not only lightweight and compact but you can also clip them on your belt and walk around with them wherever you want. There are also others that are fitted with cool features including backlight, clock, pedometer and calorie counter.
Who needs personal alarms?
• Parents and guardians. Personal alarms can greatly protect children when they are walking to and from school. Personal alarms that produce some sound may disorient the attacker and give your children a chance to find help. Personal alarms will also provide you with the ability to track and monitor your children when you are away. This is according to personal alarms for the elderly reviews UK.
• Drivers. Drivers also need a personal alarm device such as keychain alarms to help protect them especially when they are attacked while on the parking lot.
• The men and women who often move alone. By having minimalistic or discreet personal alarms, these women or men can shield themselves from the attackers that they may find along the way.
• The elderly. The elderly are always at a risk of wondering or falling due to their loss in cognitive if they are living alone or other people are away. Free personal alarms for the elderly can help alert others in case they are faced with any form of danger.
• Those who reside in dangerous palaces. Since living in dangerous places can increase the chances of being attacked one needs to get the best personal alarm for kids or eBay personal alarm.
• People with limited mobility. Those who have limited mobility should also get personal alarms to help them get any kind of help that they need.
How elder care personal alarms
If you are feeling unwell, fall or has any sort of emergency, you simply need to press the button on their pendant worn around the neck or fitted in the belt. The alert is then sent to the connected response of contact service through the mobile phone or base unit. In case it’s a response center, the moment they receive the alert they will contact you to inquire the kind of help that you require. The operator will then speak to you through voice to voice feature of the alarm alert. This is a very important feature especially if you are unable to get to the phone.
Here are the steps to follow
1. You press the button or send a call to your response center.
2. You receive help.
3. The response center work out what you need.
4. Action is taken as soon as possible.
Types of personal alarms
Now that you know the main advantages of personal alarms and how they work, here are the different types that you need to know.
Keychain personal alarms
If you are ever on the move and you don’t want to carry a lot of things with you then the keychain alarm is the best one to choose. It’s not only lightweight but you can also attach it to your keychain or link it with your car keys. Since it’s very easy to use, you just need to pull the pin or push the button to make it work. When shopping for the best keychain personal alarms for the elderly Australia, you need to go for the ones that have a built-in light. This is very important especially if you are moving around in dark places.
Driver personal alarms
Driver monitored personal alarms systems will provide you with the kind of protection that you need especially when you are on the road. There are crashes that have always occurred when the drivers fall asleep. Driver personal alarms can, therefore, help to prevent these kinds of crashes from happening. Once you attach the alarm to your ear it will alert you every time you nod off at the steering wheel. Whether you are a professional driver or someone who usually drives at night, this driver personal alarm is one of the best investments.
Flashlight personal alarms
If you are working outside at night a lot then you need flashlight mobile personal alarms for the elderly to help you while outside. Since it’s small enough to fit inside your pocket, it can significantly help you when you are out at night. Apart from the flashlight to illuminate your path, they also produce ear-piercing sound when you pull the pin or push the button during emergency situations.
Dual-purpose personal alarms
Whether you are inside the house or not, these types of personal alarms seniors will serve you just well. Coming with two attachments that work differently, you can put the first one as door attachment so the alarm is set off in case there is an intruder inside your house. These alarms are suitable for those who live in apartments or even dorms where there is a lot of traffic. If you are a frequent traveler, thy also come with dual alarms that will protect you while inside the hotel room. This means when someone tries to get in the alarm will go off instantly.
These alarms refer to electric child monitors that will help keep watch of your child or children while you are away. These alarms set off a beep that will notify you that your child is wandering too far. Since they provide you with a sense of balance you can always give your children some space without worrying too much.
Check out today’s top 10 personal alarms deals below…
Top tips for buying the best personal alarms
When it comes to shopping for the best personal alarms it’s very easy to concentrate on only how loud it is. After all, everyone is always looking for something that will confuse the attacker. That’s all nice and fine unless you are so poor. However here are some more tips that will help you choose the best non monitored personal alarms.
• Durability. The best personal alarms for children should be durable to enough to withstand long use and bumps of normal life such as smacking against items in your pocket or purse. Ideally, they should also be able to withstand a drop on hard concrete. Since you’ll eventually drop them down you still need to have the confidence that they will protect you.
• Activation system. This is perhaps the most important feature that you need to check when shopping for the best personal alarms. If you have to struggle to turn them on then they could be worse than having nothing at all. Basically, the best personal alarms should come with an easy to use activation system that does not set off by accident.
• Design. Going for a cute design is actually where so many people go wrong when it comes to looking for self-defense personal alarm. However, you need to remember that personal alarms are not about fashion but rather something that can protect you from danger. You should also not worry about having to disguise it so people don’t see it. They are not like guns hence no one will fear if they see them hanging. Ensure that you purchase something substantial and with some kick to it.
• Battery. Although some personal alarms are rechargeable, most of them use a watch or AAA batteries. Ideally, it’s very important to choose the ones with chargeable batteries that you can charge and use for long.
• Additional features. You also need to choose personal alarms for sale that come with additional features such as built-in flashlight, back up whistle, and other features. However, you need to avoid cheap personal alarms that have features that will simply drain your battery within no time. For instance, if your personal alarms Perth systems have flashlights that will drain your battery, you better carry a small flashlight while moving around at night.
If you or someone whom you love is at risk or falls in any of the above categories then you need to get the best personal alarm systems to help you. Apart from being easy to use, personal alarms are also equipped with several features and functions that make them effective options for ensuring that you are always safe. If you are shopping for the best personal alarms, it’s a handy tip that you keep any that you find inside the shopping basket so you can review later. This way, you’ll end up with the best alarm system.