The Best Expandable Water Hose In 2021
There are several reasons why you need to use an expandable garden hose. Whether you’re washing the car, watering the lawn, running the sprinkler for the kids or even spraying down the patio, you’re going to require the best hose to easily spray water where it’s needed. What you don’t need is the difficulties and challenges which normally come with an old fashioned garden hose. They’re not only heavy, but you also have to coil the hose up once you’ve finished using it. Thankfully, by buying the best flexible water hose, you can say goodbye to these issues.
Are you looking for a great expandable water hose bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying expandable water hose products, please click here.
By why? First, an expandable garden water hose can expand up to 3 times its length once you’ve turned on the water. This means if you have a 100-foot expandable water hose you can suddenly have 300 feet long hose. And the moment you turn off the water this self-draining hose will assume its original size. This means that as compared to other hoses out there it’s much easier to store expandable water hose. Plus unlike other garden hoses, they don’t get tangled or kinkled this saving you a lot of energy and time. If you are shopping for the best expandable water hose click here to read our detailed review.
Benefits of expandable water hose
When it comes to using high-pressure water hose, there are several benefits that come with them. If you have ever used traditional hose pipe you must have known the total nightmare that you are likely to experience. While pulling the long pipe across your garden, you are likely to drag it against the plants and snag every thorn that it finds on its way. If that’s not enough when it comes to keeping the hose you regardless of how organized you are, it will always seem to twist and kink when you want to store it away. The worst thing about this horse is that it will eventually wear out within no time.
The best thing about heavy duty water hose is that you can neatly store it away without taking up too much space. Since they are made of tough and durable materials they also tend to have a much longer self-life hence you don’t have to worry about buying a new hose pipe every now and again. Many industrial water hoses also boasts of spray head with several different settings that you can always use. This means you can it to mist your pet dog when he is feeling hot or even wash those hard to reach places on your car. These are, therefore, some of the best hose pipes that you need to buy for use in your garden.
The other benefit of rubber water hose pipe is the ease of use. It’s not only lightweight but also makes life easier since it’s easier to maneuver around your farm as compared to the traditional hose pipe. Since it’s compact, you can easily store it when not in use.
Types of expandable water hoses
One of the biggest issues that most people have with an expandable hose is that it lacks the durability that comes with others. When they were first manufactured, that was true. However, no due to do advanced technology in the construction techniques and available materials, there are some very sturdy materials that are being used to manufacture them thereby making them some of the hoses I the market. Here are the main types of materials used to make retractable water hose and other expandable water hoses.
As natural rubber materials latex has been used for a very long time especially in the medical industry for medical protection especially the gloves. In addition, to the medical industry, these materials can also be used to create hoses. By using two or three layers of layers as the interior or expandable water hose you will allow it to easily expand and contract without any leaks thus making it durable overtime. But how many layers should one use? That’s perhaps one of the most important questions that many manufacturers are debating about. Since triple layers core might be a bit less flexible most people tend to choose the double-layered ones. However, the good thing about them is that they can handle the pressure that normally comes from the water.
Also known as the thermoplastic copolyester, TPC is also another important material that’s normally used to make expandable wear hose. Since its extremely resistant to heat, it’s used to make industrial tubing and is also considered as one of the most durable materials even as a single layer. However, since it’s a bit costly it’s always less common than latex. According to some peoples, it’s also not durable although this is debatable.
If you leave either latex of TPC exposed to the outside elements there is a high risk of sun damage and puncture. Due to this, it’s not advisable to leave bare core. The industry standard for the outer shell is, therefore, nylon. Nylon is one of the best fabrics that will easily expand and contract provided the internal one does so. Since it also sheds water easily it helps prevent against mildew and other mold issues when you finally store it. More so, as a long-lasting material, it wears extremely well after use. It’s, therefore, one of the best materials to use.
Water hose fittings
Basically, hoses provide the options of plastic, aluminum, or brass fittings. However, most expandable hoses chose brass. This is because brass is not only long-lived but can also accommodate water for long without any issue at all. Although it can oxidize overtime it does not rust. Also being metal it’s much more heat resistant as compared to plastic. Moreover, because of its nature, it does not easily damage consistently over time as other soft materials such as aluminum do. This is why most high-quality expandable water hoses have brass fittings.
There are also other mid-range hoses that come with aluminum fittings so they can reduce the weight of the horse. Depending on the manufacturer of the fitting itself, this can either be a problem or just fine. However, with good manufacturing, your hose will not get bent or dented easily when it’s connected at the faucet. Nowadays, plastic connected hoses are gradually being phased out. The other thing that’s always being considered when it comes to the fittings is the joints. This is actually where most leaks from expandable water hose come from. It’s, therefore, crucial to choose a hose that has some type of protective material at the end to prevent it from bending right next to the fitting since this can slowly cut through it and make it useless. Although most companies have considered this there are still cheaper hoses that have weaker end joint.
Traditionally, it’s quite common to see horses available in 25 foot, 50 foot, and even 100-foot lengths. However, most people tend to purchase between 25 and 50 lengths. In most instances, that’s because of the annoyance of lugging them around and the weight that comes with them. For those who have large farms, this can mean having two horses that they join together with a coupler to reach greater distances. But, when it comes to expandable hoses the distances normally range from 10 feet to up to 200 feet. Although most people do not require more than 50 feet, the options are still open when it comes to the length of hoses that they can choose. But even with the additional length, these hoses are not as bulky as the other ones. For instance, 200 feet heavy duty water hose can easily contract down to space of 65 feet or even smaller thus making them easy to store.
How to use and maintain expandable water hose and flat water hose
When it comes to using, expandable water hose and rubber water hose pipe often differ from other types of traditional hoses. Unlike the traditional hoses, expandable hoses come with an internal membrane that can easily expand when it contains water. It also has an outer shell that’s used to protect the delicate inner shell from any external damage that can occur to it such as punctures, breaks, rust, cracks and even other elements. This means when you turn the water on at the other end of the horse and shut off the other end as the pressure from the water increases, the inner layer of the hose will expand up to the maximum hose length. Later on when you can turn it off so the hose works normally.
Typically, an expandable water hose expands when water gets in and contract when the pressure from the water is released or stopped. This makes it is to use and even store after use. For added durability and strengthen modern qualit6y hoses come with two or three layers of the membrane with the most common materials used for the inner membrane being latex. However, with more layers comes additional weight.
Care and storage
If you want to enjoy using your hose for long you should take care of it as instructed by the manufacturer. You also need to store them inside the expandable water hose reels. Here are some tips to help you maintain your expandable water hose.
• First, it’s important to know than an expandable water hose is not like other traditional hoses out there. With that said it’s important to be careful with the kind of surfaces that you expose it to. For instance, you should avoid dragging it along concrete or gravel surfaces since someone can drive or step on it. You should also avoid getting it into contact with any sharp surface.
• When using for the first time make sure you feel it with water with the shut-off valve off so you can allow it to expand. After which you can allow the water to come out before reaping the process.
• Another thing is that when the pressure of water is too high these types of water hoses can wear out very fast. However, since low water pressure may not meet your demands you can use water regulators to control the pressure of water.
• When the expandable water hose is not in use make sure you turn off the water at the source.
• You should also ensure that you don’t keep your expandable water hose in the sun for long as this will make it deteriorate fats. You can keep in in shade, bucket or box. The good thing is that it does not make a lot of space.
• During winter it’s important to completely drain it and keep it in a dry cool place.
• Do not use it to drain drinking water.
Check out today’s top 10 expandable water hose deals below…
Top tips for buying the best expandable water hose
Since the current market is flooded with several hoses it’s not very easy to buy the right expandable water hose. For this reason, there are some factors that you must consider before choosing the best one. Besides you cannot determine the quality of the hose just by looking at it. Here are some tips to help you choose the best one
• Materials. When it comes to buying retractable water hose with retractable water hose reel, this is the first thing that you need to consider. It’s important to consider the materials used to make its outer shell and inner core. For its core, you should go for double or triple latex and for the outer shell you need to choose tough nylon or polyester covering.
• Length. When it comes to the length, there is no specific length as you will always choose one based on your preference. However, it’s important to consider the size of your garden and your budget.
• Hose fittings. When looking for the best water hose fittings you should choose connecter and shut off valve made of brass. This is because brass is not only durable but also does not easily rust. A long water hose and rubber water hose is also safe since no toxins can leach into your water and flow with it.
• Strength. This relates to the durability of the hose and what it actually states when it comes to the burst pressure. Since some of them tend to burst a lot easier than others, you should choose materials that are strong enough to last long.
• Flexibility. Although expandable hoses are known to be flexible, they always vary from one hose to another. It’s, therefore, important to ensure that your choice is easy to maneuver around the trees, bushes, and corners.
• Diameter and thickness. Since the diameter determines the amount of water that can pass through it’s also very important to consider it. However, you should know that the bigger the diameter the more the water that will pass through
• Cost. Just like any other thing pricing also matters a lot. However, you should make sure that your budget does not compromise the quality of the expandable hose that you choose.
• Warranty. It’s also critical to read the warranty so you can know what you are up to as most companies often offer to replace the expandable water hose when it breaks. Apart from the replacement options, you should ensure that you go for longer warranties.
In a nutshell, there is no other better way to wash, garden or water than with the best expandable water hose, 100-foot water hose or 10 ft water hose. Regardless of the age, anyone can use it since the instructions are not only simple but easy to follow as well. If you are shopping for the best expandable water hose it’s important that you keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later.